Topics for this show include:
- Brian Sims and Clarence Pecknell from the Krewe of Zulu give us a brief history behind the Krewe and tell us what can we expect to see from Zulu this year.
- Lawrence Robinson from the Young Men Illinois Club will talk about the elaborate headdresses the maids wear and the history behind the traditions.
- Mardi Gras costume designer, Carter Church calls in all the way from Bay St. Louis, Mississippi telling us about the designs he created from this Carnival season.
- Chef Tariq Hanna from Sucre continues the Carnival conversation, with Sucre’s scrumptious king cakes, which are truly a piece of art.
- Mary Len Costa, Executive Director for the Arts Council of New Orleans also shares with us her unique, easy to make king cake recipe.
- The Queen of The Redbeans and Rice Parade, Sunny Dawn Summers joins in to tell us about the 3rd annual Redbeans and Rice Parade.
- And to wrap up our show, we have Aretha Frison from Neighborhoods Partnership Network here to give us our Trumpet Tidbits.
You can listen to the show by clicking on the link below: