Topics for this show include:
- Host, Jeanne Nathan talks about how Jazz Fest has really sparked a city-wide festival full of music, fashion and innovation.
- But first, Luther Gray and Freddi Williams Evans begin the conversation, calling you out to the important renaming of Congo Square.
- Donna Santiago from the Backbeat Foundation joins the conversation and talks about the long list of great music performances that can be found outside of the Jazz Festival gates, playing across the city.
- Gerard Cox and Malcolm Schwarzenbach, the producers of the Second Line Conference join in to tell us why some of the world’s leading innovators and entrepreneurs are coming to New Orleans.
- Grace Wilson from the New Orleans Museum of Art stops by to invite us to visit NOMA’s upcoming exhibit, Ancestors of Congo Square:
African Art at the New Orleans Museum of Art.
- And to wrap up the show, Zoe Belden will inform us on the latest festival fashion trends, and Aretha Frison from Neighborhoods Partnership Network will give us an update on what’s going on in our neighborhoods with her Trumpet Tidbits.
You can listen to the show by clicking on the link below: