Topics for this show include:
- New Orleans based rapper Dee-1 is gaining national attention, and we’ll find out why.
- Travis Laurendine, creator of Volnado, a technology that finally enables the sustainable monetization of music on line calls in from Canada to update us. He was a finalist in the Big Idea Contest at Idea Village last week..(Were you among the thousand plus who gathered at Manning’s Restaurant to vote on who got $50,000 start up money?) We’ll be welcoming winners and runners up over the coming weeks.
- Howie Kaplan holds forth on the on-going music fest at the Howling Wolf music pub and grill, and helps catch us up on music groups he reps.
- Mark Samuels of Basin Street Records talks about New Orleans thriving recording scene.
- WWOZ director David Freeman knows more about what’s happening in the exploding radio industry than anyone else I know. Maybe that’s why so many of you are die hard fans of our homegrown station with worldwide fans.
- Fashion Week New Orleans is on…we have the update!